The following pre-conferences will be offered during AMCP 2023.
- Market Insights NSCLC Program: Bridging the Gaps in Precision Oncology — Opportunities in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
Date & Time: Tuesday, March 21 | 8am–3pm
Most patients with non–small-cell lung cancer eligible for precision oncology treatments do not fully benefit from them because of practice gaps in utilizing predictive biomarkers. Payers can influence various steps along the precision oncology pathway, including addressing operational inefficiencies, implementing biomarker strategies, testing result usage, and understanding cost-effectiveness. An increased understanding of payers’ role in impacting practice gaps can inform strategies to improve the delivery of precision oncology, helping to fully realize the promise of personalized medicine in lung cancer.
By invitation only. Please reach out to email@example.com for more information.
- AMCP Talks: Incorporating Value Framework Assessments in Coverage and Reimbursement Decisions
Tuesday, March 21 | 4–5:30pm
This session is open to AMCP 2023 meeting registrants. No pre-registration is required. (This session is not accredited for continuing pharmacy education.)
According to a recent survey of payers, the most important factors when selecting a framework to inform decision-making are the metrics and outcomes, comparative clinical effectiveness information, methodologic rigor, and transparency. Although payers agree on these important factors, their decision-making processes and incorporation of value assessment information in these decisions can differ vastly. This session aims to explore:
- Payer decision-making processes and structures.
- Current sources and use of value assessments in these decisions.
- Future value assessment information needs.
- The potential impact of the Inflation Reduction Act.
- HCEI Corporate Training: Leveraging the FDA HCEI Guidance To Expand Payer Engagement Through a Comprehensive HCEI Strategy
Tuesday, March 21 | 10:30am–5pm
Cost: $1995 (In-person) | $1600 (Virtual)
(Please complete a full AMCP 2023 registration to secure training for both options. In-person includes registration to AMCP 2023.)
This training program will present strategies to understand timing, advance planning, and internal stakeholder coordination needed to deliver BIM and/or CEM at launch and post-approval HCEI within 24–36 months post-launch. A payer panel will discuss how HCEI is used and its impact on a product’s formulary status. Learn how to apply insights and information from pre-approval information exchange to develop and refine your HEOR/RWE/HCEI strategy. Lunch will be provided.
- Medication Use Quality: A PQA Live CE Event
Tuesday, March 21 | 1–5pm
This Pharmacy Quality Alliance (PQA) workshop is for professionals working to improve patient outcomes through pharmacy and related services focused on safe and appropriate medication use.
The program provides a foundation in healthcare quality with an emphasis on the current medication use quality landscape, value-based care models, and the principles of measurement science.
The workshop will cover:
- The Role of Quality Measurement in Healthcare.
- Quality Measurement Professionals: From Development to Implementation.
- What Makes a Good Measure?
- Measurement Programs.