The following pre-conferences will be offered during AMCP 2024:
Navigating the Weight of Change Workshop: Optimizing High Cost Drugs in Obesity and Other Chronic Conditions
Contact Hours: 4
Activity Type: Application-based
Injectable anti-obesity medications have taken the world by storm and show no signs of slowing down. Payers, patients, and manufacturers alike are struggling with the challenges of affordability and access to these novel therapies. This educational session and workshop will feature experts in obesity management and global contracting who will holistically explore the different strategies and mechanisms to put a price on uncertainty.
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
1. Describe the trends of high-cost drugs in obesity and chronic conditions.
2. Summarize the current and emerging treatments for obesity.
3. Identify challenges faced by payers with the rise of novel therapies.
4. Identify the value drivers of various stakeholders when it comes to providing
coverage of high-cost drugs.
5. Discuss innovative contracting strategies for high-cost drugs being implemented
6. Using a case example, demonstrate how the decision-making and selection of an
innovative contracting strategy.
1:00 - 1:10pm - Welcome & Introductions
1:10 - 2:30pm - Specialty Trends Overview: Focus on Obesity
2:30 - 2:50pm - Break
2:50 - 5:20pm - Workshop on Innovative Contracting
5:20 - 5:30pm - Wrap Up & Closing
Medication Use Quality: A PQA LIVE CE Event
This live event will allow you to engage with faculty in question-and-answer sessions and dynamic group discussions and activities. Participants will be able to network with other quality improvement professionals. This session will help to build foundational knowledge into medication use quality. It will introduce participants to the current state of healthcare delivery in the United States before continuing onto measurement program foundations, highlighting value-based models of care where measures are implemented as part of measurement programs.