What did you miss at AMCP 2022? View highlights from this year's event.
Top 10 Session Facts from AMCP 2022
- In 2021, greater than 90% of all launch dollars went to COVID vaccines/treatments.
- Global CAR T-cell therapy market size was $449.6 million in 2021 and is estimated to grow to $3,786.5 million by 2028.
- 37 new specialty drugs were approved in 2021 and accounted for 74% of all drug approvals.
- The segment of medical benefit pipeline drugs anticipated to have at least $1 billion in spend is expected to increase 33%, from 48 drugs in 2019 to 64 drugs in 2025.
- The US FDA has issued 48 drug approvals based on Single Arm Trials from 2015 through 2021.
- Specialty medicines account for 53% of spending, driven by the growth in autoimmune and oncology.
- 54-74 gene and cell therapies are projected to be approved for the US market by 2030.
- It is estimated that biosimilars could save $54 billion dollars over the next 10 years.
- Specialty drug spend is estimated to grow 8% annually by 2025.
- In 2022, 14.5 million Americans have signed up for individual health coverage through Affordable Care Act (ACA) Marketplaces.